Friday 15 March 2013

Continued... My Pick of the Previews June 2013


Jupiters Legacy #2:

Writer: Mark Millar
Artist: Frank Quitely

Quitely!!... Quitely, Quitely, Quitely, Quitely! Well I am super excited for Jupiters Legacy #1 and I am super excited for Jupiters Legacy #2. You just know this book is gonna look stunning with Frank Quitely on art, his past work is one of the prides of my bookcase. I really don't get why the solicitations feel they need to hype this up so much making unjustifiable comparison's, with Superman and this being much more interesting than his 75th anniversary, as the creative team on this is good enough to grab any comic fans eye. I enjoyed Civil War by Mark Millar and Kick Ass 1, he is building his comic entertainment empire at Millarworld and I just hope upon hope that this is as good as he is making it out to be. At least it will definitely look good. Another great thing about this issue, a Jock variant cover can't wait to see how that looks.







Cover by Dave Johnson

X-Files Season 10 #1:

Writer: Joe Harris
Artist: Michael Walsh
Colorist: Jordie Bellaire


I have never seen an episode of the X-Files, but this is a programme that has long been on my catch up list. Despite this I am very excited considering the creative team on this project. The character designs teased at the convention looked great, and with colours by Jordie Bellaire you know this comic is gonna look great. This only gives me 3 months to catch up with 9 seasons of X-Files, it can be done right? Maybe the imminent arrival of this first issue will fuel me and make certain I catch up with this television series.

No comments: