Thursday 14 March 2013

My Picks of the Previews June 2013


DC: Superman Unchained #1

Writer: Scott Snyder
Artist: Jim Lee
Back Up Artist: Dustin Nguyen

Just in time for the new Superman film, ‘Man of Steel’, comes the new Superman ongoing, which I understand is within New 52 continuity, from the superstar team of Scott Snyder and Jim Lee. This may seem like a sales gimmick considering the films imminent release but I am super psyched for this new Superman title, I am hoping Snyder can bring the sort of gripping story lines and respect a character like Superman deserves as he has done for Batman and with Jim Lee on art you just know this book will look incredible, roll on June and issue #1.



Marvel: Age of Ultron #10

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Brandon Peterson/ Carlos Pacheco & Joe Quesada

We are two issues into this Marvel event and I am still struggling to see how this quite fits in to the current Marvel Universe and most of all Marvel NOW! That’s not to say I’m not enjoying this as I am, well sort of. We have been thrown straight into the deep end and have no idea how we got there. Maybe more will come to light throughout the event and the issues to come. Plus with Joe Quesada coming back to draw the ending so confidential only Bendis and himself  know well that’s enough to keep me coming back and to be intrigued as to what this game changing ending is. I just hope this is as mind shattering an ending as it promises to be.


Dark Horse: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys #1

Writer:
Gerard Way
Artist: Becky Cloonan

I have been waiting for this comic ever since it was teased at SDCC 2012. Quite frankly I will purchase anything containing art work by Becky Cloonan, her self-published books ‘The Mire’ and ‘Wolves’ are just gorgeous. However I am very excited for her working alongside Gerard Way, who produced the award winning ‘Umbrella Academy’. Spiralling out of his album ‘Danger Days’ comes ‘The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys’, featuring two of the greatest cameos by Grant Morrison in their music videos, “Keep Running”. This is by far going to be one of my highlights of June; I look forward to learning more about these characters and just cannot wait to set my eyes on the art work.



More to come once Image and other publishes release their June 2013 Solicitations.


No comments: