Saturday 30 March 2013

My Comic of the Week 27-03-2013


Young Avengers #3:

Publisher: Marvel Comics
Writer: Kieron Gillen
Artist: Jamie McKelvie/ Mike Norton
Colorist: Matthew Wilson

Young Avengers is definitely one of my favourite series to come out of Marvel NOW! and this is another issue that does not disappoint. Gillen is writing relatable characters matched with McKelvie's incredible art. Every cover released is one of the first that grabs my eyes on the shelves. This issue had me when Loki was describing himself as being like Tyrion from Game of Thrones, a likeness that I can quite clearly see, its these associations with current popular culture that makes this title so appealing. This is the title I wait for each month and this is the title that I can see quite firmly staying on my pull list. If you have not given Young Avengers a try yet you really ought too!

No comments: